If you plan to charm your sweetheart this V-Day, be sure to impress! New Leaf has a special dinner menu to celebrate your once-a-year occasion. And if Friday night doesn’t work for you, the dinner special is available all weekend for your scenic venture in Fort Tryon Park.
Make Eros proud! A short, wintry walk through the park’s scenic Heather Garden overlooking the Hudson sets the mood. Following, the warmth of New Leaf’s charming 1930s cobblestone cottage will make you feel perfectly at home. Friday evening will be accompanied by a live performance by Blue Haze over New York. Then, indulge. The full, delectable 3-course menu is below.
Be sure to call today to make reservations!
And, hopefully you’ve figured out what to get your special someone–but if you haven’t, no need to fret: Consider the lasting gift of funding an NYC tree in his/her honor. Fund one today to receive a beautiful, personalized tree certificate signed by New York Restoration Project (NYRP) Founder Bette Midler and Former NYC Mayor Michael Bloomberg.
Remember that net proceeds from New Leaf go to NYRP, the Bette Midler-founded non-profit that’s dedicated to restoring green spaces throughout the five boroughs. Your Valentine’s Day meal will do more than romance–it greens the under-resourced neighborhoods of NYC!
Valentine’s Weekend Special, Feb 14 to 16
PRICE FIXE MENU, $75/person
Foie Gras Torchon, Cranberries, Brioche
Borscht, House Ricotta, Radish, Cucumber
Rocket, Cara Cara Orange, Pecans, charred onion vinaigrette
Kale, Frisee, Quail Egg, Warm Bacon Vinaigrette
Salmon Tartare, Jalapeno, preserved lemon, Baguette Crisp
Halibut Love Letter
Fingerling Potato, Melted Leeks, Bearnaise
Rack of Lamb
Potato Gratin, Trumpet Mushrooms
Cranberry Bean Ragu, Mustard Greens
Birds and the Bees (for Two)
Honey and Orange Marinated Quail
Whole Grains, Butternut Squash, Cranberry Bean Ragu
Ginger Ice Cream
House Marmalade, grande Marnier
Hearts on Fire
New Leaf Stollen, Peppermint Schnaps
*a la carte portions available
We hope you’ll celebrate with us on New Year’s Eve It’s not too late to make reservations for New Year’s Eve dinner at New Leaf! We’re hosting a special evening in the winter wonderland that is Fort Tryon Park–with a delicious, select menu just for you.
Two seating times are available:
First seating: 6:00pm-8:30 pm, $100/pp
Second seating*: 9:00pm-10:30 pm, $125/pp *with live jazz by Blue Haze of New York & complimentary midnight champagne toast.
The bar is open until 12:30 am.
Hurry before we run out of space! Call (212) 568-5323 to make your reservation or reserve online now.
Autumn in New York
Why does it seem so inviting
Autumn in New York
It spells the thrill of first-nighting
Some would argue that Fort Tryon Park is never more resplendent than it is now—when the green months of summer transform into the rioting colors of fall. The crisp air, warmed by the bright sun, is the perfect combination for enjoying NYC outdoors. Stop by the New Leaf as we introduce our fall menu and dine on our outdoor patio, draped by the magnificently changing leaves of Fort Tryon’s towering trees.
There are few things more glorious than spring in Fort Tryon Park. Leaves unfurling, colors returning, flowers blossoming and birds chirping… sound a little too magical? Well, that’s because it is. There is no getting around it. Fort Tron Park is the stuff of fairytales.
If you’ve been here before then you know exactly what we’re talking about. If not… well, you really haven’t experienced spring in New York. Explore the hundreds of varieties of spring flowers currently in bloom. See photos by Gabe Kirchheimer of what you can spot on your next trip here.
After some serious taste-testing – because we take our jobs seriously – we are proud to announce seven new cocktails. We’ve added a few brand new, original mixes and added a new spin on some oldies but goodies. Stop by and try out our new drinks, including:
- Heather Garden, (formerly the Tea Rose Martini) is made with organic Earl Grey infused gin, elderflower liqueur and rose water.
Named in honor of the Heather Garden located just a short walk away from New Leaf and one of the largest heather and heath gardens on the East Coast.
- Northern Manhattan, (formerly the Cherry Manhattan) infused with cherry bourbon, cherry brandy and bitters.
- Margaret Corbin, our new sparkling cocktail, is made with Paul Louis champagne and lavender infused simple syrup, while a dash of cassis adds sweetness and a beautiful purple hue. Named after the late Margaret Corbin, who during the Revolutionary War, took control of her fallen husband’s cannon and fought during the 1776 battle to defend Fort Tryon.
- Billings Fizz is made with American Harvest organic vodka (handcrafted in small batches from organic wheat), blood orange juice, rosemary infused simple syrup and finished with soda water for a light fizz, garnished with fresh sprig of rosemary. Named after the late Cornelius Billings, one of our more elaborate cocktails. Billings’ Estate, part of Fort Tryon’s history, was located just north of us. Billings owned a lodge with stables for entertaining guests. Later in 1907, he had a French-style mansion overlooking the Hudson River. The lavish house had a heated swimming pool and a bowling alley. He sold it to Rockefeller in 1916 and the house burned down in 1926.
- Olmsted’s Sidecar is made with Koval organic ginger liqueur (produced by a craft distillery in Chicago and hand bottled), pear cognac and lemon. Named for Frederick Law Olmsted, Jr., the landscape architect who planned Fort Tryon Park, which was completed in 1935. He is the son of the designer of Central Park.
- New Berry is made with mezcal, fresh blackberries, lime is a new twist on the former ‘blackberry margarita’. El Tinieblo Mezcal, has a strong smokey flavor tone and is similar to tequila as it is also made from wild agave. The distinct smoky flavor of mezcal is due to the process of cooking agave using Mesquite wood and then distilling it twice.
- Adam’s Ruin (formally known as ‘Hot Apple Jammy’) is made with spiced rum, hot apple cider, cinnamon, and whipped cream.
We are happy to unveil our brand new and improved, biligual, glorious website!
Now you’ll be able to view the New Leaf site on your mobile phone, tablet, dishwasher, smokescreen – whatever you so desire. Enjoy and let us know if you have any feedback by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks to ZappCreative for all the help!
Search What's Happening
NOTE: Remember to check our calendar for special closing dates.
LunchMon – Fri: 12pm - 3:30pm
Bar MenuTues – Fri: 3:30pm - 6pm
DinnerTues – Thurs: 6pm - 9pm
Fri – Sat: 6pm - 10pm
Sun: 6pm - 9pm
BrunchSat – Sun: 11am - 3:30pm